8/23/18 Firefighter Position Available
NEPTUNE TOWNSHIP FIRE DISTRICT NO.1 is inviting the submission of employment applications from persons seeking full-time employment as a Paid Firefighter. Applicants must meet all requirements specified in N.J.S.A. 40A:14-81.2 and must be at least 21 years of age, and must be eligible to be hired on or before their 35th birthday. have a High School/GED Diploma, a valid New Jersey Drivers License, New Jersey Firefighter 1 Certification, EMT certification and three years’ experience as an active firefighter, IML I, CEVO, Pump Ops, RIT Awareness/Ops. Successful applicants will be required to pass a medical exam, fitness exam, drug screening and background check. Application forms may be obtained from the offices of the Board of Fire Commissioners 1120 Corlies Ave, Neptune, N.J. 07753 (732) 988-8510 between the hours of 8:30-3:30, M-F. Applications must be returned by 3:00 pm September 14, 2018.
4/30/18 Part Time Administrator Position Available
NEPTUNE TOWNSHIP FIRE DISTRICT #1 is accepting applications for a Part Time Administrator position, approx. 20 hours/week. Assign all aspects of daily operations. Assist Board in various duties such as and not limited to: mgt projects, personnel, research and purchasing, development and implementation of District policies. Qualifications: Emergency Services background, min. 5 years managerial and/or min 3 years supervisor experience, general knowledge of office procedures and computer skills. Applications can be picked up at the Board Office, 1120 Corlies Ave, Neptune, NJ 07753, 732-988-8510 between the hours of 8:30-3:30, M-F. Deadline for Applications will be 11:00am on Monday, May 21st, 2018.
2/20/18 Fire District Election Results
Congratulations to Arthur “Kip” Daly and Frank Sutphin for winning the 2018 Commissioner Election. The Budget was approved with 308 Votes Yes, 152 Votes No. Vote Count: Sutphin – 349, Daly – 293, Mascarelli – 227.
2/9/18 Career Division Saves the Day Again!
1/22/18 Career Division Makes a Rescue!
1/11/18 Notice of Election
11/28/17 2018 Budget Public Hearing Notice
TAKE NOTICE, the Board of Fire Commissioners, Township of Neptune, Fire District #1 will meet on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 7:00 pm, at the Board Office located at 1120 Corlies Avenue, Neptune, NJ. for the purpose of obtaining public comment on the 2018 Fire District Budget.
Copies of the 2018 Fire District Budget are available at the Fire District office, 1120 Corlies Avenue, Neptune, NJ between the hours of, 8:30AM – 3:30PM, effective November 28, 2017.
11/2/17 Kidde I Product Safety Notice
Kidde Product Safety Notice
Summary: This product recall involves two styles of Kidde disposable fire extinguishers:
- Plastic handle fire extinguishers
- Plastic push-button fire extinguishers
This Recall does not include Kidde Professional or Badger branded fire extinguishers. Units with metal handles/valve assemblies are not included in the recall.
Read the Full Announcement on the CPSC Website (Opens in a new browser window) https://www.cpsc.gov/
Frequently Asked Questions (Opens in a new browser window)
Follow These Steps:
- View the following links to determine if you have an affected model:
- Plastic handle fire extinguishers: Open to view the Fire Extinguisher ID Guide
(Opens in new browser window)
- Push-Button Fire Extinguishers: Open to view the Fire Extinguisher ID Guide (Opens in new browser window)
- If you believe that you may have an affected model, before continuing, also use the Fire Extinguisher ID Guide (link above) to locate and collect your Model Number, Serial Number, and Date Code (if applicable). The Date Code is a 10-digit number printed on the side of your fire extinguisher, near the bottom. Digits five through nine represent the day and year of manufacture, and these five numbers are what you will need to proceed.
- When you are ready to proceed, select your unit from the list below. Note: If you have a push button model used on a personal watercraft such as a JET SKI®, be sure to select the personal watercraft option.
Plastic Handle: https://inmarmarketaction.comlkidde/N 130284-PVUS/N 130284-PVUS-form?eventid=be25c758-7f9c-e 711-811 a-e0071 b6aa0d 1
Push Button: https://inmarmarketaction.comlkidde/N 130284-PBUSIN130284-PBUS-form?evenlid=be25c758-7f9c-e711-811 a-e0071 b6aa0d1
Push Button Watercraft: https://inmarmarketaction.comlkidde/N130284-PBUS-WIN130284-PBUS-W-form?eventid=be25c758-7f9c-e711-811 a-e0071 b6aa0d1
(http://www.kidde.com/home-safety/enluslterms-of-use/)Kidde is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security (http://www.ccs.utc.com/ccs/en/worldwide/) (http://www.kidde.com/homesafety/en/us/terms-of-use/), a unit of United Technologies Corp. (http://www.utc.com/Pages/Home.aspx)
© 2018 Neptune Township Fire Department
All Rights Reserved